- Goodyear continues to cater to the U-UHP segment with the product launch of Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 and Eagle F1 SuperSport range.
- Invited guests experience Goodyear's latest offerings on Ascari Race Track in Malaga, Spain through customized test drive workshops.
MALAGA, Spain, April 18, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- April 14th - 15th, 2019 - At the Ascari Circuit in Malaga, Spain, Goodyear brought top guests from Asia Pacific to the unveiling of four Goodyear tires: Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5, Eagle F1 SuperSport, Eagle F1 SuperSport R and Eagle F1 SuperSport RS. With the launch of these products, Goodyear reinforces its leading position in the Ultra-Ultra High Performance (U-UHP) segment, further highlighting the company's innovative heritage. Through dedicated test drives, the invited attendees were able to experience Goodyear's latest innovations on Ascari Race Track, the longest track in Spain and one of the most spectacular in the world.
The revealing of Goodyear Eagle F1 Series at Ascari marks a milestone for the company and further underlines the company's efforts of providing best-in-class tires to today's discerning sports car drivers. "By launching our latest innovations, the set Eagle F1 Series, we believe Goodyear will set a new benchmark in super sports cars segment. And the 2019 Ascari event will further elevate the introduction of the Eagle F1 series, we are thrilled to have such a great number of privileged guests here, to witness our brand-new tires and feel the confidence and performance of them," said Ryan Patterson, President of Goodyear Asia Pacific.
During the two-day event in Malaga, Spain, Goodyear arranged several tailored workshops for the guests, including Wet Handling & Braking, Dry Handling & Dry Handling Experience, and Off-Road Performance, to get a feel of the ultimate assurance of exploring new horizons with Goodyear's Eagle F1 series. All of these new offerings were exhibited during the latest Geneva International Motor Show.
Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5
- The successor to popular and acclaimed Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 range, Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 caters to the growing UHP market.
- By Optimizing performance focused on reducing flex in the tread pattern, the resultant crisp, precise turn-in, higher grip levels and efficient, clean acceleration facilitate an improvement in dry handling.
- Compact with innovative technology, drivers will experience the highest possible riding comfort with one-of-a-kind wet braking and handling performance.
- Goodyear's innovative contact patch extends the contact with road - shortening the driver's braking distance on Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5's on both wet surfaces and dry undergrounds.
Eagle F1 SuperSport Range
Eagle F1 SuperSport
- This new race-inspired tire makes drivers feel more in control with a superior grip and fluent handling on dry roads.
- The Eagle F1 SuperSport has an improved braking distance on dry roads and wet surfaces.
- The innovative U-shaped compound ensures a highly balanced wet and dry performance.
- The driving stability at high-speed reaches new heights due to this tire's less deformable tread and super stiff sidewall design.
- Drivers will smoothly ride and corner with the Eagle F1 SuperSport's new pattern.
Eagle F1 SuperSport R
- Goodyear's compound and tire contour of its exceptional Eagle F1 SuperSport R offer drivers superior grip and steering precision on dry surfaces, both on and off track.
- Excellent concerning stability is ensured by bridges in the tread pattern's inner groove reducing deformation of tread blocks under extreme concerning forces.
- Drivers who push their vehicle to the limit can rely on the Eagle F1 SuperSport R for superior high-speed stability with our less deformable tread.
Eagle F1 SuperSport RS
- Goodyear's most race-focused tire of this range is designed to meet the track limits while remaining legal.
- The highly specialized compound of this track-ready tire provides drivers a hyper grip and truly exhilarating performance in dry conditions.
- Its less deformable tread offers drivers superior high-speed stability when pulling up, and our innovative bridged first groove helps to maintain that balance when taking a turn.
The commencement of the Eagle F1 series at Ascari positions Goodyear in the growing UHP and U-UHP markets: The all-around summer tire, Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5, enables drivers to go start something great today. With the Eagle F1 SuperSport range, drivers will enjoy an exquisite driving experience on both road and track with innovative technologies. By granting the guests at Ascari the honor to be the first ones to test drive these four top-notch products, Goodyear showcases its exemplary innovation and technology leadership once again.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.